If you’re looking for ways to update Aadhar card information then you’ve stumbled upon the right post. As in this post, we’re providing a step by step solution to update your information on the card. You can change your address, name, DOB, gender, email address, registered mobile number, etc. In order to change or update your information follow the below mentioned steps.
To begin with, log on UIDAI official website at this link to update or correct your details on this link at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
Now enter your valid Aadhaar Card number and complete the fill up the Text Verification. Click on the “Send OTP” option and wait till you receive an OTP.
You’ll receive an OTP (One Time Password) would be sent to your registered mobile number.
The next step is to enter the OTP and the Captcha code and submit.
From here select the field where you need to make a change or update the same.
Now scan and upload the proof of the changed details that has been updated.
You’ll receive a URN (Update Request Number) which can be used to track the Aadhar card update process
Download the copy of the URN or print the receipt. Once your information is updated download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.
Update Aadhar Card Details by Visiting an Enrolment Centre
Aadhar card holders can get details of their Aadhar updated by visiting the Aadhar Enrolment Centre as well. Here is how you can do it easily:
- Fill the correct Aadhar form.
- Ensure you enter that information which is correct one and not the one that is stated in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs confirming your update request?
- Submit the documents along with forms ( correct information)
- Every applicant is charged Rs 25 for every visit to the enrolment Centre correction or update
- You receive all your details including registered mobile number, biometric data, and image or updated at the Centre.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details through Post
If you can’t update your Aadhar changes online then don’t worry, you can update your information in offline mode as well. All you need is to send the request to the post to UIDAI.
- Visit the official website and download, ‘Aadhar card data update/correction form at this link https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf.
- Fill in the required changes or details you want to edit in your card.
- After making all the necessary changes get the photocopies of the documents that validate the changes requested to be made in the Aadhar form.
- You can send the form along with documents to the postal address as mentioned below:
Address 1: UIDAI
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Address 2: UIDAI
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
What details can be changed in the Aadhar Card Online?
The user can’t change all the information mentioned the card but yes they can update some or correct when updating online. Currently, the only address can be updated in Aadhar online. To make changes he has to visit an Aadhar enrolment center including the name of the applicant, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID, gender.
How to Update Address in Aadhaar Card
The user can get their address updated in Aadhar card when he relocates to some other place. The address of the user can be updated in Aadhar when he relocates to some or the other place. The user’s address can be updated as many times as the person changes his address of residence. If you want to change the address on your Aadhar card online then visit the UIDAI’s official website. Now enter your Aadhar number and click on the send OTP option. Now enter the OTP and secure code to proceed and select the address option for updating it. After doing so, enter the current residential address and confirm it, select all the required document and proofs of address. Select your BPO for authentication. Once you select your BPO your request will be submitted for updating your address.
How to Change Name in Aadhaar Card
If you have a different name in your PAN card and Aadhar card due to this you’re unable to link both the documents. This change of name option might come handy. To update/change your name you have to visit the Aadhar Enrolment/ Update Centre and complete the following steps.
To begin with, fill the Aadhar enrolment correction form. Here mention your correct name or the name you want to update in the form. Submit the form along with relevant proof of identity. The executive will register your update request and you’ll get the acknowledgment slip for the same. They will charge you a nominal amount of Rs.25 for availing this facility.