If you want to update your Aadhaar card information or you find any errors in the same then, you need not worry; all you need to do is to update the same through Post. Using this feature, you can update details including your name, gender, DOB, address, and email id through post.
So now let’s get started on how to update Aadhaar Card through Post
To begin with, just take out a print out of the downloaded Aadhaar data update correction form and fill the complete form irrespective of the fields for correction or any sort of upgrade in capital letters, don’t forget to mention mobile number as it’s mandatory for update and change in any fields as it may be used for verification by simply calling the applicant and status of the same can be intimated by sending SMS on the mobile number.
The applications succumbed for apprise without mobile number over post will be forbidden. Similarly fill the particulars in local language in right hand side column of the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form.
Dependent on the fields you updated over post, enclose self-attested photo-copies of reinforced documents as per the valid forms list. Below is the valid list of papers for Aadhaar Card Data Update.
Reinforced Proof of Identity (PoI) documents Covering Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
- Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card,
- Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU,
- NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Documented Educational Institution,
- Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card,
- Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card,
- Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card,
- Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts,
- Certificate of Individuality having photo delivered by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Infirmity ID Card/handicapped medical certificate delivered by the respective State/UT,
- Affidavit performed on non-judicial stamp paper to be succumbed by a woman applicant for name change after marriage
- (Join affirmation to be succumbed along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document delivered by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
- Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
When your update appeal gets treated you will be intimated through SMS saying your update has been treated positively. Alternative you can also keep eye on your position of your Aadhaar Update from https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status by providing your update details.
If you have demanded for update of Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender your updated Aadhaar letter will be directed to you at your house. If in case you don’t conventional updated Aadhaar Letter you can visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ to download e-Aadhaar by providing EID or UID and other demographic details.
If you’re Aadhaar Update Request was rejected than below are the rejection reasons:
- Incorrect PoA/PoI document uploaded
- PoA/PoI document is not self-attested
- Transcription error
- Supporting papers not self-attested by the resident
- Mobile and Aadhaar shared in the form is improper
- Supporting documents are not in the name of the local