An Aadhaar Virtual ID is a temporary code that is 16-digit long that might be utilized for Aadhaar verifications. You might be able to offer the UIDAI virtual ID in place of the Aadhaar number to the agencies or organizations and defend your Aadhaar information from being opened by somebody else. You might offer the Aadhaar virtual ID to get the e-KYC completed in both government and private establishments. UIDAI has begun this service that is going to be employed completely as of June 1st, 2018. Virtual ID has been put into the scene to address the problem of Aadhaar information breach since it is going to become virtually difficult to track the Aadhaar number by using the virtual ID.
What is Aadhaar Virtual ID?
Virtual ID is a substitute to the Aadhaar number. This provisional code comprises of 16 digits that are produced for an Aadhaar number. Though, the virtual ID might not be utilized to recover the original Aadhaar card. At once, solely one virtual ID is created for an Aadhaar number. It might be produced many times as and when the user requires. This revocable code is usable for no less than one day and might be altered with the change in the date, specifically at 00:00 am.
How to Generate Aadhaar Virtual ID Online (Step-By-Step Guide)
You need to generate the virtual ID to utilize it contrary to your Aadhaar. The virtual ID might be produced through online means by logging on to the UIDAI’s certified official website. It is further anticipated that the VID generation feature might be offered within the mAadhaar software application henceforth. On the other hand, it is worth stating that you must get your mobile number registered with UIDAI to benefit from this facility since the virtual ID is going to be sent to that mobile number only. If you haven’t got your mobile number registered with the UIDAI, you are going to primarily link your mobile number with your Aadhaar. The procedure for recovering the virtual ID is identical to the VID generation. To produce the Aadhaar virtual ID, these steps are going to help you get that done in an easy manner:
- Log on to the UIDAI’s official website that is – http://uidai.gov.in/
- After that, you have to click on the option titled “Virtual ID (VID) Generator” from the Aadhaar Services section
- You are going to be redirected to the VID Generation page
- Provide the 12 digit Aadhaar Number together with the security code
- After that, click on the button titled “Send OTP”
- An OTP is going to be sent to the registered mobile number
- Type-in the OTP and choose the preference to either “Retrieve VID” or “Generate VID”
- After that, Click on Submit
- You are going to obtain a message like “Congratulations! Your VID Number Successfully Generated and sent to your registered mobile.”
- You are going to obtain the message on your mobile number registered with UIDAI stating the 16-digit virtual ID for your Aadhaar number and the final 4 digits of the Aadhaar, produced at 05-05-2018:11:31:02.
- You might be able to retrieve virtual IDs for other Aadhaar numbers too for your family
What is the Need of the Aadhaar Virtual ID?
There are plenty of cases where the claims of the Aadhaar data trickle have been supposedly made. Individuals have been apprehensive regarding the protection of their Aadhaar and its information. The UIDAI has addressed the apprehensions of public and has put in the concept of the virtual ID. Whilst the users offer their virtual IDs in place of Aadhaar Number, organizations might not be able to recover the Aadhaar number of the candidate and the verification is performed as you might expect. Therefore, the Aadhaar information is not opened by the agencies by any means keeping your details associated with the Aadhaar Number safe from being intruded.
The Aadhaar Number or Cardholders might generate the virtual ID and utilize it to validate for a facility. As soon as the verification is performed, the candidate might revive his virtual ID so that the information with the organization, in the case is saved, are rendered unusable.
Aadhar Virtual ID – Features
The UIDAI has come up with several improvements in its structure by means of the VID. A few of the prominent features of the AADHAAR virtual ID are:
- The virtual ID is the provisional 16-digit code that is going to substitute Aadhaar for validation
- There is solely one virtual ID delivered at once. Whilst a fresh VID is delivered, the one delivered before is removed
- The organizations require updating their system to comprise VIDs from 1st June 2018
- Aadhaar number will not get recovered from the virtual ID
- There isn’t any capping on the production of virtual IDs
- It isn’t mandatory to produce VIDs. An individual might provide his or her Aadhaar in place of the VID
- Agencies are not going to force the candidates to offer the Aadhaar number for verification or e-KYC
- Agencies require consensus from the candidate for validation by means of VID
- None of the agencies is accredited to collect the virtual ID or any other information linked to the Aadhaar provided for authentication
- The generated virtual ID is effective up until the user gets a new VID produced
- Whilst you recover your Aadhaar, the preceding VID generated is delivered to the mobile number registered with UID
UIDAI Virtual ID – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. I don’t possess an Aadhaar card. Can I generate an Aadhaar virtual ID?
The Virtual ID is produced contrary to the Aadhaar number. In case you don’t possess an Aadhaar card, you will primarily require enrolling for it and whilst you obtain your Aadhaar, you might be able to create your virtual ID in addition.
Q. Can a Virtual ID be generated using the Enrolment Number?
You might be able to generate a virtual ID solely for an Aadhaar number. The service of VID creation using the Enrolment Number isn’t offered at this moment.
Q. My mobile number isn’t registered with the UIDAI. Can I create a VID?
It is compulsory to get your mobile number linked with the Aadhaar to benefit from all the online services linked to it. If you haven’t got your mobile number linked with the Aadhaar, you are going to require initially linking your mobile number by going to proximate Aadhaar Enrolment Center and then you might be able to create a virtual ID.