A majority of Indian citizens are aware of the significance of Aadhaar card. The Government of India has constantly been taking actions to turn Aadhaar card into a compulsory ID or document by the year 2020. Now, the estimations point out that a large majority of the Indian residents have either applied for or have previously obtained the E-Aadhaar card.
For all those people who have been registered for the Aadhaar Card, the UIDAI have delivered 3 choices to verify the status or standing of the Aadhaar card that is as follows:
By the UIDAI toll-free number
By SMS on the Aadhaar registered mobile number
Prior to moving deep into this matter, here are a few things that you must know prior to checking the application’s status:
The criterion for checking the status of the application through the toll-free number or SMS
- 28-digit EID or 14-digit Enrollment Number
- The date and time of enrolment given in the enrolment and acknowledgment slip
- Registered Mobile Number provided at the time of Enrollment
Note: You must recollect that the Aadhaar card status might not be obtained devoid of the above-stated particulars in case you have misplaced the Enrollment Slip of Aadhaar card and the other particulars, the UIDAI website offers you the choice to obtain the enrolment information on their official website that is https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
Below, we have provided the stage by stage process to follow so as to check the Aadhaar Card status by means of the toll-free number
- From the registered mobile phone number or any other phone, you need to dial 1800-300-1947.
- You would require waiting up until any customer care agent connects your call when the agent does so he/she is going to inquire about your enrolment ID. Offer the enrolment ID like it has been printed on the enrolment slip provided to you.
- The agent is going to cross verify the enrolment ID and in case the Enrollment ID that you provided matches with the one in the database, the agent is going to offer the status of your Aadhaar card.
In case the customer service agent conveys that the Aadhaar card has already been shipped, you should request the agent to offer the tracking ID of your shipment along with the organization managing the batch. In the most common scenario the UIDAI ships the courier through the Indian post. To further verify your courier’s status, click on the link:
(https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/TrackConsignment.aspx?t=qCX2UoAOrpFE19xQruumJw==) Provide the consignment number or the tracking ID like it has been provided by the customer agent on the call and click on the “track” button. You are going to get every single detail about your courier.
To verify the Aadhaar card status by means of SMS, here are the steps you need to follow:
- This method is one of the easiest since you only need to follow one step to check the status of your AADHAAR Card.
- You need to send a text message from your registered mobile number by typing UID STATUS <14-digit enrolment ID> and send the text message to 51969.
- When the text message gets delivered, it is going to take around 10-30 minutes for the status to get received on your registered mobile number from the server of UIDAI.